Devotions from our President based on Micah 6:8 presented at Reload 2023 Conference - Day 3

 


                           National Ministry Leader - Rev Greg & Ursula Matthei


3.     GUILTY OF PRIDE

Micah challenges God’s people to walk humbly with their God.   He requires humility but they were guilty of pride.

What is pride – putting oneself first and upmost.

How they revealed their pride

In their government the ruler ruled only in favor of those who gave him gifts even if justice were cast aside; in the courtroom the judge accepted bribes (cf. 3:11), and the powerful (rich and influential people) got whatever they wanted. The leaders even conspired together in taking advantage of others. Even the best of the leaders were like a brier and worse than a thorn hedge, entangling and injuring all who came in contact with them

Our Lord's parable about the Pharisee and publican in the temple (Luke 18:9-14) illustrates all three points. The publican was justified by faith, not by doing the kind of good works that the Pharisee boasted about. Since the publican depended on God's mercy to save him, he humbled himself before the Lord. The Pharisee, on the other hand, informed God (and whoever was listening in the temple) how good he was and therefore how much he deserved eternal life.—Bible Exposition Commentary - Old Testament

How are we proud today?

Psalm 131

O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. 2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. 3  O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forevermore.

God, I'm not trying to rule the roost, I don't want to be king of the mountain. I haven't meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans. 2 I've kept my feet on the ground, I've cultivated a quiet heart. Like a baby content in its mother's arms, my soul is a baby content. 3 Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope. Hope now; hope always!


Psalmist tells us HOW to be humble – to be like a “weaned child”.  A child who is no longer dependant on the breast or the bottle but is content to wait until feeding time.  to sit by his or her mother’s side not crying screaming for the breast or bottle.

 

Comments

  1. CRYPTOCURRENCY INVESTMENT 📊📊📊📊📊📊

    Hello , Investment is one of the best ways to achieve financial freedom. For a beginner there are so many challenges you face. It’s hard to know how to get started. Trading on the Cryptocurrency market has really been a life changer for me. I almost gave up on crypto currency at some point not until I got a proficient trader Bernie Doran, he gave me all the information required to succeed in trading. I made more profit than I could ever imagine. I’m not here to converse much but to share my testimony, I invested $2000.00 and got back $20,500.00 within 7 days of investment. His strategies and signals are the best and I have gained more knowledge. If you are new to cryptocurrency I would recommend you contact him through Gmail : BERNIEDORANSIGNALS@GMAIL.COM or his WhatsApp : +1424(285)-0682 , tell him I referred you⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    ✅✅✅✅✅
    ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
    ☎️☎️☎️☎️☎️
    ✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻
    ™️™️™️™️™️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment