Winter reflects the Glory of Good

Winter is generally seen as a season of quite and reflection, almost like a time for hibernation.  Unlike animals we spend the time reflecting, storing up for the new season of growth and warmth.  When one applies this to our lives , practically speaking this is a time of preparation of growth and renewal. 

Winter can be seen as a dreary and desolated time or it can be seen as the time before colour and warmth return.  We should use this time for preparation in our spiritual life in anticipation of what the Lord has in store for us as the new season arrives.

1.   Reflect on where you have been?

2.  Consider the negative and the positives from that season ?

3. What do ou need to do to bring bout growth in the new season of life?

Paul declares that this should be our goal for every season of life whether it is positive or negative. “…I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” – Phil 4:11-13

Comments