Real Relationships, Encouragement, Accountability and Laughter
Authentic believers reflecting God's glory practices Self Care. What does this statement mean? Let's unpack it :-
- Authentic believers - many people say they are Christians but do not follow the teachings of Christ. The church has many people that are part of the church for various reasons other than their relationship with Christ.
- Lets examine our lives and determine to be real about our faith and to express it daily as we live in the community.
- Reflecting - the Merriam- Webster dictionary defines this word as follows - 1 : an instance of reflecting especially : the return of light or sound waves from a surface. 2 : the production of an image by or as if by a mirror.
- As a believer are we reflecting the attributes of Christ? When we look at us do they see Christ?
- God's Glory is defined as follows:- Divine glory is an important motif throughout Christian theology, where God is regarded as the most glorious being in existence, and it is considered that human beings are created in the Image of God and can share or participate, imperfectly, in divine glory as image-bearers.
- As a Christ follower are we an image bearer of God and is He receiving the Glory because of our lifestyle?
- Practices Self Care- this statement simply means that as believers we should live a balanced life and in so doing taking care of ourselves to be about the Lord's business.
- A balanced life means that all areas of our lives be it our work, relationships, recreational activity, physical pursuits and spiritual routines contribute to a lifestyle that reflects God's glory.
- Self care is defined as " the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress."