“Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake, he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. “
2 Corinthians 5:20-21
This passage gives us both a commission and a command for ministry. As Christ’s ambassadors on earth we are to fulfill a specific function on earth as His representatives. If we claim to have a relationship with Christ we have a task to fulfill.
- Our task as Kingdom Ambassadors starts with our commission from the King.
Our office comes with authority, dignity and seniority. The ambassador is the voice of the one s/he represents. This person has the authority to speak on behalf of the King and therefore will be listened to because he has access to the authority and power of the King.
The ambassador’s responsibilities are the following: -
· He communicates regularly with the King and on behalf of the King.
· He stands in solidarity with his countrymen – the church.
· He speaks with authority and pleads the case of Christ
· He seeks to transform lives with the message he has been mandated to share.
· He has no choice but to speak on behalf of His King as that’s what he has been sent to do.
· He urgent in seeking men to respond to the requests of the King.
· He encourages the citizens to use the information that has been given to improve conditions in the host country.
- Our task as Kingdom Ambassadors starts with a command for ministry.
Once we have accepted the position of an ambassador we have a responsibility to fulfil the mandate we have been given, it is no longer a choice but a responsibility. God ‘s attitude to sin resulted in Jesus death on the Cross because of God’s longing to save men from sin.
The ambassador’s response to this command is: -
· The realization that without the death of Christ hell would be our future and we must prevent as many people from experiencing that as possible.
· The urgency of sharing the message of redemption to improve the quality of life of the citizens of the host country.
· The encouragement to the citizens to find safety in the gift of eternal life.
· Obedience is an essential requirement for an ambassador.
Dear sisters let us fulfill the mandated that we have been given to fulfill in response to our relationship with Christ. Let us work towards celebrating this gift of righteousness we have received by sharing it with others we come into contact with daily.