U - How's your faith
As an introduction to this years theme I used the idea of shoes taken from Julia Bettencourt resources (check out the link) http://juliabettencourt.com/dev/shoesdev.html
At the start of every year many people evaluate and reassess their lives and set new goals. As Christ followers its important for us to do the same. As our faith journey is walk with the Lord lets make sure we are wearing the right shoes to accomplish great things for the Lord :-
1. Flats - Do you find yourself flat in your Christian life? Do you need to get yourself motivated? "Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation;and uphold me with thy free spirit." Psalm 51:12
2. Loafers - Do you find yourself not doing anything for Christ? Are you using your talents for His glory?
"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ." 1 Corinthians 12:12
"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only..." James 1:22
3. Pumps - Do you find yourself pumping people up? Are you an encourager?
"Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
4.Tennis Shoes - Do you find yourself running from your problems?
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5,6
5. Boots - Do you find yourself walking all over people and only doing things your way? "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. "Ephesians 4:32
6. Waders - Do you find yourself just floating by? Are you accomplishing anything for Christ?
"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Colossians 3:23
7. Slip Slops - Do you find yourself slipping on Christianity just for church and hanging it up till the next time? Do people really know you're a Christian? "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
8. Sandals - Do you find yourself too comfortable with your Christian life? Could you be doing more for Christ? Who we are living for?
"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne
of God." Hebrews 12:1,2
9. Slippers - Do you find yourself causing others to slip and stumble? Are you aware of your actions?
"Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way." Romans 14:13
10. Work Shoes. Do you find yourself working and doing all you can do for God's glory?
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Matthew 16:24.
Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. John 15:8
While it is not the start of the year its still early enough to put on the right pair of shoes to be effective for the Lord this year.